Picture this: you’re standing barefoot in the kitchen, jamming out to your sunny days playlist and chopping up a juicy, watermelon summer salad. The fresh greens mixed with watermelon and blueberries complement the crunchy cucumbers and bite of the Feta cheese. Doesn’t that sound like the perfect summer day? Maybe even one in a melon!
I’m very into meals that require zero cooking right now, especially since we’ve had a little heat wave this week. The thought of turning on the stovetop or oven makes me sweat. Enter salads! All the salads! (Be sure to check out my grilled peach and chicken salad for another yummy option!)
Fresh Summer Watermelon Salad is perfect for quick summer meals
This watermelon summer salad only takes about 10 minutes to prep, and even quicker if you keep pre-chopped watermelon and cucumbers stored in your refrigerator. I like to use these glass containers to store all of my fresh fruits and veggies, as well as leftovers. They are oven and microwave safe, so it makes reheating incredibly easy. Also, they stack well and make the refrigerator look organized. (Holla to all my OCD friends out there!)
The last step in this salad is drizzling a few tablespoons of quality balsamic vinaigrette over the top. It is a tastebud delight with the sweetness of the fruit! I highly recommend just dunking your watermelon chunks in a bowl of balsamic. YUM.
Grab the recipe for this delicious watermelon summer salad below. Enjoy!
Watermelon Summer Salad
- 2 cups fresh greens spinach, kale, chard
- 2 cups watermelon cubed
- 1/2 cup cucumber chopped
- 1 mint leaf finely chopped
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup Feta cheese
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- Finely chop the fresh greens. Slice the watermelon and cut into cubes. Cut the cucumber into small pieces, and the mint leaf so it is very finely chopped.
- Place the greens, watermelon, cucumber, mint, blueberries, and Feta cheese in a large bowl and lightly toss. Drizzle in the balsamic vinaigrette and serve immediately while fresh. Enjoy!
- Feel free to add grilled chicken for added protein.