You know what summer looks like? A lovely, delicious plate of refreshing strawberry caprese salad. It’s quick, simple, and a beautiful dish offering multiple health benefits.
Let’s talk about the health benefits of strawberry caprese salad
If you know me, you know that I’m an herbal and wellness junkie, and look for ways to implement them into the food I feed myself and my family. I mean, WHY NOT? It’s the easiest way to keep everyone feeling rejuvenated, balanced and operating at their best level.
This strawberry caprese salad may help with the following:
- Antioxidant support from strawberries and basil.
- There are multiple types of basil from which you can choose to add to your caprese salad, each offering subtly different flavors and actions. One of my favorites is holy basil, for its balancing properties and helping to relieve stress and anxiety.
- Balsamic vinegar can aid in digestion and promote optimal gut flora since it contains acetic acid, which is a strain of probiotic.
- Olive oil is a great anti-inflammatory, which can help with a large variety of health issues where inflammation is a result.
- Mozzarella cheese is full of calcium and protein, keeping you full and building strong muscle.
What you need to make strawberry caprese salad
Just six simple ingredients! Here they are:
- Strawberries (you can also add in tomatoes for a more robust flavor in your salad, but sometimes I’m not in the mood for them)
- Basil (it needs to be fresh!)
- Mozzarella pearls (I like to buy mine either at Trader Joe’s or Costco for best quality and price)
- Olive oil (get the good stuff!)
- Balsamic vinegar (ditto to what I just said above!)
- Salt and pepper to taste (try pink Himalayan salt if you’re feely FAWNCY)
Make this strawberry caprese for a party appetizer
There are few greater simple pleasures in life than that of sinking your teeth into the combo of of flavors that caprese offers, especially when you radically shift it with strawberries. Serve it on a platter all combined, or individually arrange them on wooden skews. Either way, you will get an equally beautiful and yummy appetizer.
Grab the recipe below and enjoy!
Refreshing Strawberry Caprese Salad (Gluten-Free + Vegetarian)
- 1 pint strawberries hulled and quartered
- 8-10 mozzarella pearls
- 6-7 fresh basil leaves chopped (or you can leave them whole if you prefer)
- 2-3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add strawberries, mozzarella, and basil to a platter or bowl.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately while fresh, and enjoy!