Do you ever have those moments where you need a solid breakfast or brunch dish to serve, but have NO IDEA what to make? I am solving your problem with this easy baked frittata recipe with spinach, and all the good greens! It’s also gluten-free, baked in a 9×13 pan, and is ready in under an hour. (Your in-laws and brunch guests will be so impressed!)
Materials needed for this easy baked frittata recipe
- First and foremost, you need a quality 9×13 baking dish. I liked my cast iron pan because it bakes beautifully and looks nice for your brunch tablescape.
- No frittata dish is complete without some beautiful leafy greens, so make sure you have quality power greens. I love the Organic Baby Herb Salad blend from Taylor Farms. You can buy them here using their store locator. It has a good mix of spinach, lettuces, chard, arugula, and herbs like cilantro, parsley, and dill. Takes all the guesswork out of which greens to buy and chop up! (And it saves you time.) Your frittata looks really pretty with all of the color, and adding greens is a great way to make it a healthy brunch dish that is full of vitamins and nutrients.
- Make sure you buy a dozen eggs for this recipe! It calls for all 12, and you want to have enough for other items too.
The key to getting a perfectly flavored baked frittata
Three words: herbs, parmesan, salt.
If you don’t have these, your frittata will be bland, so don’t skimp on this part! Like I mentioned, the Taylor Farms Organic. Herb Salad has some good herbs included in their mix, but you MUST use fresh basil and fresh parmesan cheese in this recipe. TRUST ME.
How to know when your baked frittata is done
There are a couple of things you DON’T want to happen when making a frittata:
- Runny, watery frittata
- Middle of the frittata not cooking
- Frittata isn’t setting
These are all the most common problems people run into when making this spectacular egg dish. But with this recipe, you won’t have that issue! Baking it in a 9×13 baking dish for 50 minutes, and letting it set for 10-15 minutes will give you the perfect, fool-proof consistency every time.
Grab the recipe below and enjoy!
Easy Baked Frittata Recipe with Spinach (Gluten-Free)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1 orange bell pepper diced
- 1 to mato diced
- 8 oz package mushrooms diced
- 2 tablespoon green onions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream or milk
- 1 cup shredded cheese Mexican blend or sharp cheddar for most flavor
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups Taylor Farms Organic Herb Salad blend
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a skillet, add avocado oil and onions. Cook on medium high heat until fragrant. Add in peppers, tomato, mushrooms, and green onions. Cook until tender, about 5-8 minutes. Add in garlic and cook another minute. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs until pale yellow and fluffy. Mix in heavy cream, cheese, basil, salt, and pepper. Stir in mixed greens.
- Pour vegetable mixture into a greased 9x13 baking dish. Pour egg mixture on top. Stir together until evenly spread in dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake on 350°F for 50 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 10-15 minutes. Serve while warm and enjoy!
Need some more breakfast inspo? Check out these easy breakfast and brunch recipes.
This post is sponsored by Taylor Farms, a product I love and recommend!