This week we are experiencing an inferno heat wave, meaning we are NOT turning on the oven. We are actually avoiding all sources of heat. Enter the instant pot! I created this 30-minute instant pot creamy chicken pasta a few days ago. Not only is it insanely simple, but it’s a great base for meals that both adults and kids will eat!
Yes, this Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta Takes Under 30 Minutes to Make. Total!
But, Abbey, how can this be?! Because pressure cookers are God’s gift to busy mothers and people who want good food but don’t have time (or patience) to be in the kitchen for hours.
Don’t get me wrong; I love spending the day baking bread and standing watch over a savory reduction for hours on end. But, now I have three kids and my tune has changed. Like, it’s jumped three octaves and switched to a major key. Which is why you shouldn’t worry if I go MIA for weeks at a time. It’s that season of life!
It’s my goal to share with you what I am making for my family. And although things used to be more fancy when this blog started, it’s taking a shift to the practical and the simple. And preferably the one-pot, under 30 minutes route if possible! Many of you have requested more dinners, so here I am, aiming to please! And I’m feeling like I hit a freaking bullseye with this instant pot creamy chicken pasta!
So, which Instant Pot Should I Buy?
Excellent question! I personally have the 7-in-1 6 quart. It easily feeds a family of six, and does all the functions you could ever need. You can buy it here on Amazon.
Don’t be a chicken about jumping on the instant pot train! 😉 I’ve had multiple friends and readers tell me that pressure cookers freak them out. Just because they can explode, doesn’t mean you should be scared! (Okay, so maybe a tiny bit of fear is justified, but they are idiot-proof. Promise!) The process literally goes like this:
Step one: dump ingredients.
Step two: lock lid and close valve.
Step three: press a button.
Step four: remove food and eat.
Boiling water takes as much effort, my friends! Maybe even more if you add salt to your water.
Go make this for dinner tonight! You still have plenty of time because this 30-minute instant pot creamy chicken pasta is amazing and quick! Grab the recipe below, and enjoy.
One more thing! If you are wanting more Instant Pot recipes, or need to learn more about how to use your pressure cooker, sign up for my Instant Pot Palooza course! The course teaches you how to efficiently and confidently use your Instant Pot. Click here to see the course content with video guides, meal plan printables, a recipe ebook, and more.
Grab the recipe below and enjoy!
30-Minute Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup or 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 pound penne pasta
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2-3 cups steamed veggies
- Push "Saute" button. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Add olive oil, garlic, and chicken to Instant Pot. Cook 4-5 minutes on each side until brown. Remove chicken.
- Add chicken stock, cream of mushroom soup, and penne pasta to Instant Pot. Stir well so pasta is evenly distributed and is covered by liquid. Place cooked chicken breasts on top.
- Close lid and cook on "Manual" for 4 minutes. Allow it to natural release on its own for another 4 minutes, then release remaining steam by flipping "Venting" valve.
- While chicken pasta is cooking, steam veggies of choice.
- Remove chicken breasts once done cooking, chop into bite-sized cubes, and add back into stainless steel bowl. Stir in mozzarella cheese and steamed veggies.
- Serve while warm and enjoy!
Be sure to check out these easy and quick family dinner recipes, too!