30-Minute Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta
Make this 30-minute Instant Pot creamy chicken pasta for a delicious and easy dinner for the family.
Servings 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup gluten-free
- 8 oz penne pasta gluten-free
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2-3 cups steamed veggies
Push "Saute" button. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Add avocado oil, garlic, and chicken to Instant Pot. Cook 4-5 minutes on each side until brown. Remove chicken.
Add chicken stock, cream of mushroom soup, and penne pasta to Instant Pot. Stir well so pasta is evenly distributed and is covered by liquid. Place cooked chicken breasts on top.
Close lid and cook on "Manual" for 4 minutes. Allow it to natural release on its own for another 4 minutes, then release remaining steam by flipping "Venting" valve.
While chicken pasta is cooking, steam veggies of choice.
Remove chicken breasts once done cooking, chop into bite-sized cubes, and add back into stainless steel bowl. Stir in mozzarella cheese and steamed veggies. Serve while warm and enjoy!
- I've found the Kirkland chicken tenderloins from Costco to cook best in the Instant Pot. They retain their moisture and flavor best, and can be cooked for shorter time periods because they are smaller cuts of chicken.
- This recipe can be made with regular penne pasta or gluten-free penne pasta. Keep in mind that gluten-free pasta can get a bit gummy if overcooked, so keep an eye on your pasta when you add the veggies, and give it a good stir so it doesn't stick to the pot.
- For the steamed veggies, we prefer steamed broccoli or steamed Brussels sprouts.
- If you don't have canned cream of mushroom soup, you can sub 1 cup of heavy cream that has been seasoned with salt and pepper to taste. Don't worry, it won't curdle because it is being cooked together with the chicken and pasta.
Calories: 281kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 519mg | Potassium: 470mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 253IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 96mg | Iron: 1mg