Our current weather decided to skip spring altogether and put on its best impersonation of summer. We’re talking temperatures in the 90s, which means our freezer is quickly being stocked with ice cream and popsicles. And since we still want to keep in the spirit of spring and take every opportunity to blast our lives in pastels, we made glazed donut ice cream sandwiches with sprinkles! Because that’s what you do when you’re melting alongside your ice cream, right?
Glazed donut ice cream sandwiches with sprinkles are an easy summer dessert
This is one of those desserts that requires zero baking (read: no turning on the oven and making your house a scorching inferno), or cooking skills, for that matter. Only a quick trip to the grocery store and you’re the hero of the house!
Ideas on how to use donut ice cream sandwiches
These would make a cute treat for:
- Kids birthday party
- A baby shower or bridal shower dessert—I know I will RSVP to any shindig that has a donut ice cream sandwich bar!
- Or you can simply bribe your children or win their love and affection by letting them make these goodies with you. (Parent of the Year Award, here we come!)
Use this tip for best results
If you want to make your ice cream center really clean and nice (assuming you use these for a party), you can use a round biscuit cutter to cut out the ice cream. Simply slice the carton of ice cream into 1-inch sections and cut out as needed. Check out my ice cream cookie sandwiches post here to get the full tutorial with pictures.
Sprinkle your life with joy and go make these right now! And whatever you, donut let more than five minutes pass before wolfing down your donut ice cream sandwich, or you will be left with a puddle of melted, sprinkly goo. Or do that and dip your donut in it! Your call. No judgment here.
Grab the super easy recipe below, and try not to melt in the hot temps! Enjoy!
Glazed Donut Ice Cream Sandwiches with Sprinkles
- 6 glazed donuts
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream or any flavor of choice
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- Cut donuts in half. Spoon 1/2 cup softened ice cream onto each donut. Use a frosting knife to smooth out the ice cream and edges. Top with the other half of the donut and let set in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from freezer. Use a small spoon to top the middle ice cream section with sprinkles. Serve immediately, and enjoy!