Think about that time of day when you’re craving a crispy potato chip but you want a healthier option to carry you through the afternoon. Enter parmesan crisps. All you need is 1 ingredient, parmesan cheese, and about 15 minutes and you’ve got yourself a low-carb, high-protein snack that doesn’t contain additives, oils, or preservatives. YES. This recipe is also keto diet friendly - double win!
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
How To Make Homemade Parmesan Crisps
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step 2: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drop 1 tablespoon piles of parmesan cheese onto the parchment paper, leaving about 1 inch between piles. You may need to use 2 cookie sheets in order to have enough room.
Step 3: Place in the oven and bake for 7-8 minutes until the parmesan cheese is melted and the outside edges have begun to toast
Step 4: Remove crisps from the oven and allow them to rest for 10 minutes until the parmesan cools and crisps up
Step 5: Enjoy!
- Roasted garlic (I have a recipe for this!)
- Any of your favorite herbs/spices
- Add to your favorite soup or salad
Can I Use Store-Bought Shredded Parmesan?
- Yes. I like using parmesan that comes in a block that I can shred myself. But you can use whatever you like!
Is This Recipe Healthy?
- Homemade parmesan crips are low in calories and carbohydrates, high in protein, and contain calcium. These parmesan crisps only have 1 ingredient in them - parmesan cheese, which makes them a cleaner and healthier option for a snack.
Why Did My Crisps Turn Out Soggy
- If your parmesan crisps turn out soggy you most likely didn’t bake them long enough or you didn't let them cool long enough. Make sure you bake your parmesan crisps for 7-8 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the edges start turning golden brown. Then let them cool for at least 10 minutes so that the crisp has time to cool and get crunchy.
Store these parmesan crisps at room temperature for up to 3 days.
If you love cheese, try these recipes too!
Homemade Keto Parmesan Crisps
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drop piles of 1 tablespoon of parmesan cheese onto the parchment paper, leaving about 1 inch between piles. You may need to use 2 cookie sheets in order to have enough room.
- Place in the oven and bake for 7-8 minutes until the parmesan cheese is melted and the outside edges have begun to toast.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes until the parmesan cools and crisps up.