When I look at this amazing breakfast grilled cheese sandwich, all I can think is, "Hey, grill, heyyy." We've already established that I have deep, emotional relationships with my food, and this sandwich is taking it to the next level—like, I'm ready to retire in Florida with it.
I also feel like the Ryan Gosling memes are actually talking about this stack of goodness, and they mean to say, "Hey, grill. Let me get at you." Don't believe me? Well, wait until you see this next picture...
The Best Breakfast Grilled Cheese Sandwich is All about the Egg
See? Ooey-gooey perfection. The key it make your sunny side up egg runny on the inside.
If you're not immediately in love with this sandwich, something is very wrong. I mean, who wouldn't want to get snug and cozy, and talk about 401k portfolios with this tower of bacon, egg, and cheese? These are the moments we live for! Well, these are the moments I live for, anyway. I'm definitely the person who shows up to parties and events and willingly admits, "I'm only here for the food."
If you are looking to switch up your morning meals, I highly recommend trying this breakfast grilled cheese sandwich. It's satisfying, and the the strawberry jam and basil give it the perfect balance of freshness and flavor with the other hearty ingredients. Serve it with an ice cold glass of orange juice, and you're set!
Grab the recipe below and enjoy!
The Best Breakfast Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 1 large egg
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 slices Provolone cheese
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jam
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- In small frying pan, prepare a fried egg. While the egg is cooking, cook the bacon in another frying pan. Butter the outside of the sourdough bread slices.
- Once the egg and bacon are finished cooking, assemble the grilled cheese. Place the bread in a frying pan, buttered side down, and spread with strawberry jam on the other side. Add one slice of cheddar, one slice of Provolone, the fried egg, basil, bacon, and another slice of cheddar and Provolone. Spread jam on the top piece of bread and place it on top of the sandwich.
- Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes, then flip to cook the other side, about another 5 minutes. As soon as the cheese is completely melted, transfer to a plate, cut in half, and serve while warm and gooey. Enjoy!
Like this recipe? Try these, too!
Baked French Toast with Orange Maple Syrup
Brie and Cheddar Grilled Cheese Sandwich
How To Make Homemade Cream Cheese
The recipe is not posted- this looks lovely, I would really love to get the recipe!
The Butter Half says
Hi Aimee! Sorry about that! We recently updated our site. The recipe is available to use now! It is absolutely delicious! In fact, I might need to make it again tomorrow. 🙂 Hope you enjoy it.