Wake Me Up Coffee Smoothie
I’ve always loved the energy boost coffee gives, but need something with some nutrition first thing in the morning. This wake me up coffee smoothie is the perfect blend of both of those things. It has frozen coffee ice cubes (hi energy), a frozen banana, vanilla yogurt, unsweetened almond milk, cocoa powder, and honey for a delicious and nutritious morning drink.
This will be every coffee lovers’ new favorite breakfast smoothie!
1 cup coffee, frozen into cubes
1 banana, cut into slices and frozen
¾ - 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
¼ cup vanilla yogurt
½ teaspoon cocoa powder
1 tablespoon honey
How To Make This Smoothie
Step 1: Add all of the ingredients into the blender and blend until fully combined.
Step 2: Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Is This Smoothie Healthy?
Adding a banana into this coffee smoothie doesn’t only add a yummy flavor but it also gives you a dose of potassium, soluble fiber, a happy tummy and so many vitamins and minerals your body will thank you for.
Expert Tips & Tricks
- You can add protein powder if you want to add protein to your smoothie
- Start by adding ¾ cup of almond milk and add the extra milk if you want your smoothie to be thinner
- If you’ve already made the smoothie but want it to be thicker, you can also add more frozen banana slices.
- If you are vegan, you can omit the honey or replace it with another sweetener (maple syrup will also work well)
- You can use regular milk and yogurt if you are not dairy-free
- You can use peanut butter in place of the cocoa powder if desired (you will probably want about 1 tablespoon). You can also add peanut butter in addition to the cocoa powder if you prefer.
- 1 cup coffee (frozen into cubes)
- ¾ cup - 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup vanilla yogurt
- ½ teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
Check out this delicious banana smoothie!