You know those days when you crave both sweet and salty flavors? I usually default to something like chocolate covered pretzels. But since I’m on a mission to eat more wholesome snacks, I am trying this salted coconut over fruit! And I love that it takes only five minutes to make. My breakfast is about to be exsalted to a new level! 😉
Salted Fruit Over Coconut is a Yummy Sugar-Free Dessert
My amazing friends Nan and Nicole from Whole Sisters are sharing this delicious and nutritious with us today! They focus on healthy meals for the family, and you probably know them from their famous Dump Ranch. Be sure to follow along with their recipes on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Now, here’s what they have to say about this salted coconut over fruit…
This is one of our favorite treat meals when we’re trying to eat healthy—it’s the best salted coconut ever! There is something about the salt combined with the sweet that puts this indulgence over the top. Let’s not forget when you first make it; the warmth of the coconut over the coolness is a great contrast together.
We like the fact that all the ingredients you usually have on hand and takes minutes to make. In fact, our kids now make it on their own when needed a quick sweet fix. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Grab the recipe below, and enjoy!
You Need to Try This Salted Coconut Over Fruit
- Fruit of choice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut chips
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- Pink Himalayan salt or salt of choice
- Place sauté pan on medium high heat, add 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil.
- Once oil heats, add 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut chips. Stir continually until the coconut reaches a golden brown color.
- Remove from heat, add pink himalayan salt to taste, while chips are warm.
- Top over fruit of choice.
- Eat immediately!