Refreshing Strawberry Caprese Salad (Gluten-Free + Vegetarian)
Make this refreshing strawberry caprese salad for an appetizer or light lunch. It's full of antioxidants and an easy and simple recipe for the family.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 pint strawberries hulled and quartered
- 8-10 mozzarella pearls
- 6-7 fresh basil leaves chopped (or you can leave them whole if you prefer)
- 2-3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Add strawberries, mozzarella, and basil to a platter or bowl.
Drizzle with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately while fresh, and enjoy!
- To prevent basil from browning, slice with a sharp knife in ribbons and serve immediately
- This salad is best served fresh. To cut time, meal prep by cutting strawberries ahead of time.
- Add olive oil and balsamic vinegar as desired
Calories: 161kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 180mg | Potassium: 211mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 240IU | Vitamin C: 69.5mg | Calcium: 162mg | Iron: 0.7mg