Score major brownie points with the clean eaters and gluten intolerant people in your life by making these gluten free brownie fruit kabobs!
Now, it’s time for a story. Put your listening ears and reading eyeballs on.
Four years ago I was incorrectly diagnosed with celiac disease. High levels of antibodies were detected suggesting a severe gluten intolerance, so I spent over a year devoting my life to gluten free eating. It was emotionally painful to be told I couldn’t eat bread and baked goods, so I became pretty thrifty at creating gluten free desserts that were still chewy, comforting, and indulgent. Obviously, I no longer eat strictly gluten free since we discovered it was linked to other digestive issues. However, I still feel better when I limit my gluten intake. So, here we are with these yummy, gluten free kabobs!
The brownie mix I used is from Silver Fern Brand. They do not use ANY artificial ingredients, therefore it’s perfect for all of us trying to detox our bodies and get healthy in the new year. They specialize in clean, natural baking mixes, as well as high quality probiotics to help with improving and maintaining gut health and an elevated metabolism.
I’ve been taking their probiotics for one week now, along with their prebiotic fiber. It’s a GAME CHANGER. Take it from someone who has had stomach issues for over 20 years. (Especially while being pregnant. Ya’ll know how messed up the digestive tract gets toward the end!) Read about their products and sign up for free their Elevated Probiotic Plan here if you are looking for a phenomenal way to cleanse. Trust your gut on this one. 🙂
Gluten Free Brownie Fruit Kabobs are perfect for family gatherings
Don’t these gluten free brownie fruit kabobs have you salivating? I made some refined sugar free whipped cream to dip them in. My two boys helped assemble them, and more importantly, helped eat everything after I was done taking photos. I didn’t feel one drop of guilt about it! That’s always a huge mom win in my book. And that they take under 30 minutes to make! Up high!
Grab the recipe below and enjoy!
Gluten Free Brownie Fruit Kabobs
Gluten Free Brownie Fruit Kabobs:
- 1 package Silver Fern Brand Cake Brownie Mix
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 cup whole strawberries hulled
- 1 cup pineapple sliced and cubed
- 1 banana sliced
- Melted chocolate for drizzling
- Wooden skewers
Whipped Cream Dip:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the baking mix, eggs, butter, and water. Mix with a spoon or spatula until batter is fully incorporated. (It will be thick.)
- Pour into a greased 9x9 baking dish and bake for 20 minutes. Do not overbake, as it will dry out the brownies!
- While the brownies are baking, prepare the whipped cream. Pour the heavy cream in a small mixing bowl. With a mixer, whip the cream on high speed for 3 minutes, until stiff peaks form. Add in vanilla and agave until well mixed. Cover and set aside in refrigerator to chill.
- Cut up fruit. When brownies have cooled and chilled, cut them into one inch squares. Assemble the kabobs, starting with a two pieces of fruit, and then a brownie square. Repeat this pattern until skewer is filled to the top. Drizzle completed brownie fruit kabobs with chocolate, and serve immediately with whipped cream. Enjoy!