This chocolate Nutella mousse with Himalayan pink sea salt was a bit of a happy accident. I was whipping up some heavy cream and saw the jar of Nutella out of the corner of my eye, when I received an “AHA!” moment.
What if I put the Nutella in the whipping cream? Oh, and how about some of this chocolate fudge icing? Like, WHOA.
That is the conversation I had with myself. It was a glorious food moment.
Naturally, I had to share my findings with you because this Nutella mousse is the easiest, chocolate-iest summer treat that you can literally whip up in 5 minutes. (Please note it is essential you listen to Devo’s “Whip It” while making this dessert. This gif is also a nice visual to have on hand, too.) It works great as a bribe when dealing with children, as well as significant others. (You’re welcome!) It will also impress your dinner guests and your mother-in-law. (You’re double welcome!)
Nutella Mousse was a perfect happy accident
I hope you enjoy this quick and tasty treat as much as we do at our house!
Chocolate Nutella Mousse With Pink Sea Salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup canned chocolate fudge icing
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink sea salt optional
- In a stand mixer, whip your heavy cream on medium speed for about 5 minutes until it forms stiff peaks. It should be a creamy, thick texture. Next, add in your Nutella, chocolate fudge icing, and salt, and mix until it is thoroughly combined.
- Dish the mousse into small bowls. Top it with fresh berries, an extra pinch of salt, or keep it plain.
- Serve immediately, or place the mousse in the refrigerator for an hour to chill. Enjoy!