I think the sun is officially here to stay for the rest of the summer, so we've moved all of our meals outside to enjoy on the patio. That means we are grilling like maniacs and especially love these juicy, tender steak kebab skewers with peach salsa. Yes, I know. I am salivating at the thought of it, too!
The key to juicy and tender steak kebab skewers
You know I'm all about that baste, 'bout that baste. (Ha! That pun came out of nowhere, but is SPOT ON.) Marinating and basting are how you get great flavor and moisture into your steak and meats. This one has a good mix of strong and bold flavors.
I mean, just LOOK at that deliciousness! And thanks to the help of the Le Creuset Basting Brush from their 5-piece utensil set and crock, everything went on smoothly and kept the food moist. Their brushes are heat resistant up to 500°F so you don't have to be afraid of mastering the flames. Plus, they wash up nicely and are extremely durable.
Now, let's talk about the peach salsa!
Peach salsa is a great go-to for the summer when stone fruits are aplenty and you're craving something tart and fresh. I like to make my salsa sweet, however you can add in some jalapeños if that's your jam. Or you like spicy flavors to be jalapeño business. (My pun game is on fire today, can you tell? 😉 )
I really hope you try out these steak kebab skewers for dinner sometime this week! Here's to staying out of the kitchen, defaulting to good no-bake recipes all summer long, and enjoying a satisfying meal with family and friends. Grab the recipe below and enjoy!
Tender Steak Kebab Skewers with Peach Salsa
For the steak kebabs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 1 ½ lbs beef sirloin tips cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ red onion slice in 1-inch cubes
For the peach salsa:
- 2 peaches chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- Juice of one lime
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- Salt to taste
- Mix together olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, garlic salt, paprika, pepper, and cumin in a bowl. Reserve 2-3 tablespoons in a separate bowl (for basting). Place the beef in a large ziploc bag and pour the marinade over the meat. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Mix together chopped peaches, tomato, bell pepper, and cilantro. Add in lime juice, agave, and salt to taste. Cover and refrigerate.
- Alternate onions and steak pieces on skewers when ready to grill. Grill for 5-8 minutes until meat is done but still juicy and tender, basting with the marinade mixture every 1-2 minutes. (Remove onions and grill for longer if softer onions desired.)
- Serve skewers with a large helping of peach salsa and rice. Enjoy!
If you love these steak kebab skewers with peach salsa make sure to check out these easy dinner recipes:
Post sponsored by Le Creuset, a company I truly love and recommend for quality and timeless kitchen utensils and appliances.