Happy first day of September! Pumpkin ice cream feels like an extremely appropriate way to say goodbye to summer, while welcoming fall with open arms. And what better day than today? September is the month I liberate my need to make everything with nutmeg, cloves, pumpkin, and apple.
Our house smells like one of those adorable novelty shops you can only find on charming apple orchards in the Midwest. You know the smell! It all invokes the same warm fuzzies you get when you hear the first crunch of leaves under your feet, or break open a box of new crayons. FALL.
However, if you live in a warm climate like me, the first part of the fall is blazing hot. Even on September 22, which is the actual fall equinox—when it is socially acceptable to bust out your plaid scarves and pumpkin spice lattes. Since we will still be in tee shirts and shorts, the appropriate pumpkin treat to have in hand is a pumpkin ice cream cone.
Creamy No Churn Pumpkin Ice Cream is easy for kids to make!
This no churn ice cream is incredibly easy, and turns out very flavorful and creamy. It's easy for kids to make, too. There are only seven ingredients, and it requires one bowl. Grab the recipe below and enjoy!
P.S. Try my no churn strawberry ice cream and my no churn blueberry mascarpone ice cream for different flavor combinations.
Creamy No Churn Pumpkin Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- In a stand mixer, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks from, or for about five minutes. Pour in the condensed milk and vanilla extract and mix for another 30 seconds. Add in the pumpkin puree and spices, and mix until smooth.
- Line a bread pan with parchment paper. Pour in the ice cream base and smooth the top with a spoon until even. Cover and freeze in the refrigerator for at least eight hours, or overnight.
Leave a Reply