You're sitting at your kitchen table, paper and pen in hand, wondering what to make for your holiday party. Appetizers are clearly a must-have item. Luckily for you, I've put together three easy appetizers for your holiday party that are as delicious as they are simple.
The key to making easy appetizers for your holiday party
The key to a winning appetizer spread is the flavor combinations. Here are the three that matter:
The ultimate Christmas appetizers lineup
Ready for the best combination of all those flavors?! Without further ado, we have:
- Spicy grape tomato crostini
- Goat cheese stuffed dates
- Bacon wrapped brussels sprouts
Tips for preparing your spread
- When preparing for our Christmas parties, I usually give myself one week to plan, shop, and make the food.
- The goat cheese stuffed dates can be prepped the night before, along with the bruschetta.
- Reserve the crostini and bacon wrapped dates for about 1 hour before your party so you ensure that the food is fresh and crisp. Making it any earlier will result in stale food! No thank you!
These 3 Easy Appetizers are a winning combination for your next holiday party
The prep for these appetizers takes under 30 minutes, and you can cook everything on one baking sheet! Definitely a necessity when throwing a party, or cooking for a large group. Make sure you line your baking sheet with foil or a reusable baking mat for easy cleanup. That's always something I consider when making a recipe and I have a lot of entertaining to do!
All of this food talk is bacon me hungry. You too? Grab the recipe below for these three easy appetizers. Enjoy!
3 Easy Appetizers to Make for Your Holiday Party
- 1 skinny French baguette gluten free if needed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 slices raw bacon
- 5 large Brussels sprouts
- 10 pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese
- Balsamic vinegar
Spicy Grape Tomato Crostini
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Slice baguette into ten ½ inch slices. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and salt. Bake on foil lined baking sheet for 10 minutes until crisp.
- Chop grape tomatoes, and mix with olive oil, chili pepper flakes, dried basil, and salt and pepper. Top crostini slices with grape tomato bruschetta. Serve immediately.
Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts
- Cut each Brussels sprout in half, for a total of 10 pieces. Cut bacon strips in half, for a total of 10 pieces.
- Roll each sprout in the bacon, placing the seam down on a foil lined baking sheet. (You can use the same baking sheet as the crostini.) Bake for about 25 minutes, until bacon is crispy. Serve immediately.
Goat Cheese Stuffed Dates
- Cut pitted dates in half. Stuff each date with about ½ teaspoon goat cheese.
- Place on platter and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. (If desired, place in oven for 5 minutes to melt cheese.) Serve immediately.