I'm the type who likes to eat my dessert before dinner, so I thought I'd share a family favorite for Thanksgiving. Say hello to this delicious gluten free pumpkin pie cake recipe! It's a great alternative to the classic pumpkin pie.
What's Exactly in a Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie Cake Recipe?
Don't hate me for saying this, buuutttt . . . I don't really like pumpkin pie. I know, I know, it's a crime for a food blogger to admit such a horrid truth. However, this gluten free pumpkin pie cake restored my like for pumpkin pie things. With this recipe you still get the taste of pumpkin pie filling, but the crumbly cake topping adds some extra crunch and sweetness. I use a basic gluten free vanilla cake mix for mine.
Best gluten free vanilla cake mix
I've only tried the Simple Mills mix, but it is incredibly moist and delicious. And I mean it! You can buy them here.
We made a birthday cake with the chocolate mix, and it was AMAZING too. Trust me, and go with their mixes!
Top it with a fat dollop of whipped cream and you're good to go!
Grab the recipe below and enjoy!
Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie Cake Recipe
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter refrigerated
- ½ package vanilla cake mix gluten-free
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, beat eggs until light and pale yellow. Add eggs, pumpkin puree, and evaporated milk to the dry ingredients and mix well. Pour into a greased 9×9 baking dish. Set aside.
- Cut the butter into small cubes. Place in a small bowl, and slowly add in the cake mix. Mix with a fork until the mix combines with the butter and becomes crumbly. Evenly pour the cake topping on the pumpkin pie.
- Bake on 425°F for 15 minutes. Decrease the oven temperature to 350°F and bake for another 40-45 minutes, until a toothpick comes clean.
- When the pumpkin pie cake finishes baking, let set for about 1-2 hours, then serve. Top with whipped cream and enjoy!
Leave a Reply