It’s Friday! That means it’s pizza night at our house and we are making pear and gorgonzola pizza with arugula. One of these days I am going to actually make my own pizza dough from scratch, but for now the ready-made dough from Trader Joe’s meets all of our kneads. (HA!) It is delicious and foolproof, and there is the option for white or wheat flour, should you want a healthier crust.
This pear and gorgonzola pizza with arugula is one of my favorite combinations
It isn’t heavy and is only 200 calories per slice, so there is no pizza hangover the next day. Well, unless you eat the whole thing, which I wouldn’t blame or judge if you did. It has the ability to steal a pizza your heart, it’s so good. (My pizza jokes can’t be topped, guys. Okay, that was the last one, promise.)
Serve this pizza with a fresh fruit salad and enjoy!
Pear And Gorgonzola Pizza With Arugula
- Trader Joe's pizza dough
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoon Gorgonzola cheese crumbled
- 1 pear thinly halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 handful of arugula
- Preheat your oven to 450°F.
- Lightly flour the flat surface you will be working on. Knead and form the dough into a large ball and let it warm up for about 20 minutes. Once it is ready, use a rolling pin to flatten it out. The dough will pull back into its smaller shape, so put on your best Italian accent and "tosseh the pizzeh piieee!" It may seem like a task reserved for cartoons, but it is the key to getting your pizza crust round (aim for around a 10" pie) and the perfect thickness.
- Combine your diced garlic and olive oil. Stir and let it settle for about 3-5 minutes. With a glazing brush or spoon, paint a light layer of olive oil over the entire crust. Next, evenly top the pizza pie with the mozzarella, sliced pears, Gorgonzola cheese and arugula.
- Place your pizza onto a pizza pan, and bake on 450°F for 15-18 minutes. You will know it is done when the cheese starts to lightly brown and bubble and the bottom of the pizza is firm and browned.
- Remove and let it cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!