Imagine yourself snuggling up in a soft blanket next to a crackling fire, sipping on a steamy cup of hot chocolate. Lights twinkle on the Christmas tree, mirroring the warm fuzzy feelings in your heart. That's my definition of the holidays, and you can give that present to the ones you love. Make this hot chocolate in a jar recipe for a gift, and they too will be enjoying that scene.
I personally love receiving homemade gifts. It's a double dose of goodness when that present comes in the form of a sweet treat. If you really want to go the extra mile with this hot chocolate, I suggest making my peppermint marshmallows to go along with the package. They're huge, fluffy squares of heaven. Plop them in your hot chocolate mug and wait for them to melt. It creates an ooey-gooey, frothy peppermint delight. Go grab the recipe here.
Hot chocolate in a jar is a perfect gift for teachers
You know what else is great about this gift? It's pocket-friendly. And your kids can help make it too! There are only five simple ingredients and the assembly is wonderfully easy. (Meaning your 5-year-old can do it on their own. Teacher gifts, anyone?)
Bring good tidings of comfort and jar to your friends and neighbors this year with this homemade hot chocolate in a jar recipe. Enjoy!
Make This Hot Chocolate in a Jar Recipe
- 8 oz mason jar
- Colored string
- Gift tag
- In a clean 8 oz mason jar, layer the ingredients. Start with half of the cacao powder, then the granulated sugar, and then half of the powdered milk. Tap the jar gently to level out the powders. Next, pour in the remaining half of cocoa powder, powdered sugar and powdered milk. Finally, top off the jar with mini marshmallows, and then seal it with the lid.
- On a festive gift tag, write the heating instructions. "Pour contents of hot chocolate mix in a small bowl and mix well. Stir ⅓ cup of hot chocolate in 1 cup of hot water. Enjoy!"
- Tie on the gift tag with colored baker's twine or string. For an alternative way to wrap hot chocolate in a jar, place the mixture inside a cellophane bag. Then, place the bag inside a festive mug, and wrap it all up with peppermint marshmallows. Happy holidays!
- This recipe is made to fit an 8 oz jar. It can be double and made in 16 oz for a larger family size.
- To make the drink creamier, mix with milk in place of hot water.