Halloween is less than six weeks away, meaning it's time to think about treats and costumes. Luckily, I have you covered for the treat part, starting with these spiderweb cupcakes! They look delightfully spooky and taste sinfully delicious.
All you need to make these cupcakes (besides the actual cupcake part, which is incredibly easy) is white food dye and a toothpick. Badda bing, badda boom! This Halloween treat is perfect for little kids to make for a party or just for fun.
How to Make Spiderweb Cupcakes for Halloween
Practice your swirling and work on keeping a steady hand to ensure you have even cobwebs. It takes a few trial runs before mastering the art of frosting spiderwebs.
Now that I've tangled you into my web of spiderweb cupcake making, it's your turn to try. Grab the recipe and instructions below and enjoy making these eerie Halloween goodies!
How to Make Spiderweb Cupcakes
- 1 package devil's food cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 ¼ cup water
- Black baking cups
- 1 can dark chocolate frosting
- White cookie icing
- Liquid white icing color
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a large mixing bowl, blend together the cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil and water on medium-high speed for about two minutes, until the batter is smooth. Line two cupcake tins with the baking cups. Pour the cake batter into each cup until all are halfway full. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes, and then remove the tins from the oven. Let the cupcakes cool for about 15 minutes.
- Using a small offset icing spatula, frost each cupcake with a thin layer of dark chocolate frosting. Mix four to five drops of the liquid white icing into the cookie icing container. Shake well. Holding the tip of the icing container about three inches from the cupcake top, make a thin swirl around the entire cupcake.
- Place a sharp toothpick into the middle of the cupcake. Drag a line toward the outside edge of the cupcake. Repeat this process, making each web about one half-inch apart, until there are nine lines and the web is complete.
- Let the frosting settle for a few minutes. Add plastic spiders for an eerie effect, if desired, and then serve immediately. Enjoy your spooky spiderweb cupcake treat!