I'm all about simplifying things in the kitchen, while still maintaining the integrity of taste and quality. And in my opinion, using the help of a cake mix is always a fabulous idea. Especially when making apple crisp!
I have a super yummy apple crisp recipe over here if you want to make it from scratch. But you are going to love this caramel apple crisp recipe for it's simplicity. It takes under 30 minutes, making it the perfect dessert to serve as an alternative to apple pie this Thanksgiving. The extra caramel is what makes it so sweet.
Apple Crisp from Cake Mix is so easy!
And bonus! The kids will LOVE it. Trust me. My boys licked their plates clean after taste testing.
Grab the recipe below and enjoy!
How to Make Caramel Apple Crisp with a Cake Mix
- 3 Honeycrisp apples washed and peeled
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ cup caramel sauce
- 1 Foodstirs Vanilla Cake Mix
- ½ cup oats
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup butter refrigerated
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice Honeycrisp apples to about ¼ inch thickness and place in round baking dish. Add the zest from the lemon half. Squeeze in its juice and stir it in with the zest. Add ½ cup caramel sauce, and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cake mix, spices, and oats with a fork. Remove the butter from the refrigerator and cut it into ½ inch pieces. Gradually add the butter in, using the fork until it is mixed well and the texture is small and crumbly.
- Evenly spread the crumb topping over the apples. Cover the apple crisp with foil and bake on 350°F for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 20 minutes until the top is brown and crisp. Feel free to broil it for 3-5 minutes at the end to ensure it is golden brown and crispy.
- Serve while warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply