It's family tradition to make fudge every Christmas, and I am going to teach you how to make fudge (and this is absolutely the best one bowl microwave fudge recipe out there)! We take it to all of our holiday parties, and the serving plate boasting these chocolate nuggets comes home empty. Every single time. Also, there is usually someone shouting, "Who made this?! It's AMAZING!"
How to make fudge with just 7 simple ingredients! (Easy one bowl microwave fudge!)
My mother-in-law is the genius behind this decadent microwave dessert, but I like to add my own spin on it by adding in crushed pecans and maybe an extra ½ cup of chocolate chips. Here are the basic ingredients needed:
- Evaporated milk
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Marshmallow creme
- Vanilla extract (click here to learn how to make your own homemade vanilla extract in your Instant Pot!)
The best part? It requires only one bowl, your microwave, and 15 minutes of your time ! Please, and thank you!
Kids will love helping pour in the simple ingredients. They can even stir as it melts in between its heating intervals, just be sure the bowl is well covered—it can get hot.
The Best Microwave Fudge will be a family tradition for years to come
Truly, we have been eating some variation of this recipe for out entire lives, and this is one of those treats we look forward to each holiday season.
Make your fudge extra fancy
My husband prefers to keep his plain, but I like mine loaded with nuts and candied goodies. Personally, I prefer the taste of pecans because they are the perfect, crunchy texture, and their slightly buttery taste pairs well with the chocolate. You can add in chunks of marshmallows, candies, or whatever your sweet tooth desires.
Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel above to see the the process in action!
Directions for the how to make fudge in the microwave below. Enjoy! (And find more of my favorite Christmas recipes here.)
How to Make Fudge (The Best Microwave Fudge Recipe)
- Microwave the butter in a large, heatproof bowl on high for 1 minute until it's melted. Then, add in sugar and evaporated milk and mix well. Microwave on high for another 3 minutes. Remove and stir, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Place the bowl back in the microwave and heat it on high for another 5 minutes, or until the mixture comes to a boil. Remove and stir, then microwave the mixture again for 2 more minutes. Carefully remove the hot bowl. Mix in chocolate chips until they're melted. Stir in marshmallow creme, vanilla extract and 1 cup of chopped pecans.
- Pour the marshmallow fudge mixture into a lightly greased 9 inch x 9 inch glass dish. Top with the remaining 1 cup of chopped pecans. Allow it to set at room temperature for at least 2 hours
- Cut the marshmallow fudge into squares — this recipe makes 16 large squares. Enjoy a square or two for yourself with family. If you're making this recipe as a present, then place the fudge in small baking gift boxes, or wrap them in cellophane. You can cover and chill any leftovers for up to 1 week.
- Feel free to mix in chopped peppermint candies, marshmallows or other complementary toppings.