Raise your hand if you think you’re going to develop a serious illness from all the sugar you are consuming this holiday season. (Raises hand ever so slowly.) Well, these vegan peppermint truffles are a healthy treat with no refined sugars, but still taste indulgent. Basically, you should make these immediately.
My kids love these truffles, and I don’t feel guilty letting them eat a couple. The ingredients are very minimal and clean. Also, kids can help make them! The entire assembly takes 25 minutes of active time, then a half hour to chill.
Vegan Peppermint Truffles are perfect for your holiday gatherings this year
Have neighbors or friends with dietary restrictions or strict sugar consumption rules? These bad boys are a Christmas wish come true!
Check out my post over on Say Yes sharing these vegan peppermint truffles, and grab the simple recipe below! Enjoy!
Vegan Peppermint Truffles
For the chocolate shell:
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup white chocolate candy melts optional
- Crushed peppermint candies
- In a food processor, blend together the dates and coconut oil until well-combined. Add in peanut butter, chocolate chips, and vanilla. Blend until it forms together into a thick paste.
- Roll the paste into 1" inch balls. Place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet or plate. Set aside.
- Melt the remaining chocolate chips and coconut oil in a heatproof bowl. Heat in microwave on medium power for 30 seconds. Stir, then melt for another 30 seconds. Remove and stir until it forms into a smooth liquid. Stir in peppermint extract. Place each ball in the chocolate and cover entirely. Use a fork to lift out the ball, allowing the chocolate to drip off the bottom. Place on cookie sheet and chill truffle balls in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, allowing the chocolate to set.
- If desired, heat white chocolate in a piping bag in microwave. Set on medium power and heat for 30 seconds. Mix together, and heat for an additional 30 seconds, as needed, until melted. (Be sure not to overheat white chocolate, or it will harden.) Fit the piping bag with a #2 tip, and pipe on stripes. Top with crushed peppermint candies. Serve immediately and enjoy!