Looking to bring your breakfast or snack game above par-fait? Then you need to make these Greek yogurt parfaits with homemade granola immediately!
The secret to making extra creamy Greek yogurt parfaits with homemade granola
Your Greek yogurt tastes almost like ice cream if you pour in a small dab of heavy cream, and top it with brown sugar. I learned this trick from the almighty Pioneer Woman awhile ago, and it truly transforms plain ole’ Greek yogurt into a treat. The sweetness and crunch of the sugar is one of those small pleasures in life.
And can we talk about how crunchy and awesome this homemade granola is for a hot second? I don’t know why I don’t make this more often because it is SO EASY. And cheap! Much more cost effective than buying a toddler-sized bag at the health food store that costs $10. Like, does that granola contain specks of edible gold? It’s insanity! Don’t fall for it, guys. Make this stuff. You’ll be pleased with the results. It’s amazing in these parfaits and you can save the rest in a sealed container. I like to eat it with dried berries and almond milk for a healthy breakfast cereal or just plain as a snack.
I think parfaits are always a great item to serve for a breakfast party, since they indulge the sweet tooth and are packed with nutritious ingredients. This one is gluten-free and can be made vegan by substituting the honey with maple syrup. You can add whatever fresh berries and fruits are in season to mix up the flavors, too!
See how creamy and dreamy that looks? Grab the recipe below and enjoy!
Greek Yogurt Parfaits with Homemade Granola
For the yogurt:
- 16 oz plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup fresh berries
For the granola:
- 4 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together the oatmeal, almonds, seeds, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add in the coconut oil, honey, and vanilla and stir until everything is wet and well-mixed. Pour the wet granola mixture onto the baking sheet. Spread it out evenly with a spatula, but make sure it slightly overlaps so you get those yummy, crunchy chunks. Bake on 350°F for about 20 minutes, until golden.
- While the granola bakes, mix the Greek yogurt with heavy cream and top with the brown sugar. Chill in refrigerator until granola is done. Remove granola from oven and allow it to cool for about 10 minutes, which will make it more crisp as it settles.
- In glass cups, spoon in a layer of the yogurt mixture, a layer of granola, and a layer of berries. Repeat this until you reach the top. Enjoy!
Click here for more healthy recipe ideas!