Looking for a super simple and tasty appetizer dip? Then make this easy and healthy French onion dip! It's gluten-free, high in protein, and made with a few simple ingredients.
Ingredients need for easy and healthy French onion dip that's gluten free
This can be made with only TWO ingredients if you want to keep it simple, but I like to add in some additional herbs and greens to give it that healthy boost. Here's what you need:
- Gluten free onion soup mix. The normal stuff at the grocery store contains wheat and barley, so be careful and always read your ingredient list! I like this gluten-free onion soup mix.
- Plain Greek yogurt. There are 14 grams of protein in one cup, not to mention live cultures of probiotics which are essential for gut health. Traditionally this is made with sour cream, but there's no need. You honestly cannot tell the difference with the Greek yogurt and it's better for your health!
- Herbs, arugula, and spinach. Yes, we add greens when we can because WHY NOT!
Best potato chips for French onion dip
Cape Cod® Potato Chips, duh! You've already seen them in this AMAZING vegan and gluten free macaroni and cheese recipe. I am so excited to be partnering with them again to bring you this French onion dip recipe. Their original chips contain only 3 simple ingredients—potatoes, pure vegetable oil, and salt.
Cape Cod® Potato Chips has been transforming premium ingredients into delicious kettle cooked potato chips since 1980, so next time you're standing in the chip aisle at the grocery store and overwhelmed by the options, choose Cape Cod! They are super crunchy and awesome. YOU'RE WELCOME.
Best herbs to add to French onion dip
There are many ways we can consistently add fresh plants to our food, herbs being the biggest one! Here are the herbs and greens I picked from our garden to add to this dip, and their nourishing properties:
- Thyme. A great source of Vitamin A and C, this herb can help boost your immunity, as well as supporting digestive health.
- Basil. Contain disease-fighting antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds to assist with any inflammation in the body. I love to cook it and take it to support gut healthy and thyroid health.
- Spinach. An extremely nutrient-rich vegetable. It contains high amounts of carotenoids, vitamin C, vitamin K, folic acid, iron and calcium. Yes, please, and thank you!
- Arugula. Another nutrient-dense food that is high in fiber and phytochemicals. Good for the gut and overall health!
Ready to make this easy and healthy French onion dip? It's an awesome go-to recipe for any party or holiday. Grab the recipe below and enjoy!
Easy + Healthy French Onion Dip (Gluten Free)
- Mix together French onion soup mix and Greek yogurt in a small serving bowl.
- Add in freshly chopped herbs and greens. Mix well. Serve with potato chips. Enjoy!