Happy National Chocolate Cupcake Day! Is there really a better combination? I don’t think so. Peanut butter frosting is the perfect pairing with a chocolate cupcake, and this recipe is incredibly simple and delicious.
I actually use the Foodstirs brownie mix to make these cupcakes. Bet you didn’t know you can use a brownie mix for that. (I have all kinds of tricks up my sleeve.)
Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting is a classic combination
And can we talk about the peanut butter frosting for a quick minute? It’s creamy, it’s just the right amount of peanut buttery, and tastes amazing with the chocolate.
Be sure to check out the Foodstirs recipe page and grab the recipe below! Enjoy!
Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1 package Foodstirs Chocolate Lovers Brownie Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 package Foodstirs Vanilla Frosting Mix
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Fill pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, vegetable oil, and water until smooth. Add in the Chocolate Lovers Brownie Mix and stir until combined. Spoon the mix into each cupcake tin, about 3/4 full. Bake on 325°F for 26-28 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in middle comes clean.
- While cupcakes are baking and cooling, prepare the frosting. Cream together the butter and peanut butter in a mixer on high speed until smooth. Slowly add in the Vanilla Frosting Mix and milk. Whip on medium high speed until smooth.
- When cupcakes are cool, pipe the peanut butter frosting on the chocolate cupcakes. Serve with a large glass of milk and enjoy!
(CLICK IMAGES BELOW FOR PRODUCT INFO)