Nothing lures people to the appetizer table like the fragrant smells of freshly baked garlic bread with bubbling cheese. Which is why you are going to make this cheesy baked pizza dip appetizer!
The Key To This Delicious Cheesy Baked Pizza Dip Appetizer
It's all about your cheese to tomato sauce ratio! And the cheeses and tomato sauce you use, of course. Remember the Jar Goods tomato sauce I used in my Instant Pot chili post last week?
First of all, it’s tomato sauce, not pasta sauce, so you can put it in and on everything. Stuff like homemade pizza, to chili, to braised brisket, and everything in-between! Versatility and ease-of-use are among their core values (hey, mine too!), and Jar Goods sauces are made of 72% tomatoes. It's thick, it's rich (it's possible this tomato sauce is related to Joe Manganiello the more I describe it—I'm not complaining!), and a little goes a long way. Meaning, it's perfect for this baked pizza dip! Huzzah!
Click here to visit their store finder, so you can find out where to buy Jar Goods. And then book your boohiney to the store faster than you can say, "cheese!"
Now let's talk about the cheese. Anything that is ooey and gooey requires at least three types of cheese. In the case of this cheesy pizza dip appetizer recipe, we use cream cheese, Parmesan, and LOTS of mozzarella.
Cauliflower Dipping Sauce Alternative for a Plant-Based Appetizer
If you are wanting to make this a plant-based comfort food appetizer, omit the cheese. Instead, place a bowl of this cauliflower dipping sauce and a bowl of the Jar Goods tomato sauce in the middle ring after the garlic knots have baked.
Enough of me talking about the food. But before we depart and you go face plant into a plate of this cheesy goodness, I have one more thing to add! Kids LOVE this dip and it's a good appetizer for all ages!
Now, grab the recipe for this cheesy baked pizza dip appetizer below. And be sure to visit the Jar Goods recipes page here for more quick and easy ideas of how to use their tomato sauces. Enjoy!
Cheesy Baked Pizza Dip Appetizer
- 1 package buttermilk biscuits
- ½ stick butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 cups tomato sauce I used Jar Goods Classic Red
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Open up buttermilk biscuits. Cut them in half. Take the halves and roll them into balls. In a greased round pan, line the dough balls around the edge to form a ring. Melt butter and mix in garlic salt. Generously brush the garlic butter mixture onto each dough ball.
- Mix together cream cheese, Parmesan, and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Add in oregano and blend well.
- Spread the cheese evenly in the circle in the middle of the dough ring. Pour tomato sauce on top of the cheese filling. Top with remaining mozzarella and basil.
- Bake on 350°F for 15-20 minutes until garlic bread nots are golden and cheese dip is bubbly. Serve immediately while warm. Enjoy!
Thanks to Jar Goods for partnering on this post, a product we truly love, use, and recommend. And thanks for supporting our sponsors!
Leave a Reply