Once upon a time, a fair young aspiring food blogger strolled through the aisles of Trader Joe's. She unintentionally stopped in front of a beautiful loaf of Challah Braided Egg Bread, and as fate would have it, she immediately thought to herself, French toast!
Sure enough, it was daringly delicious—perhaps the best stuffed french toast ever made in the history of all the land.
Wasn't that a wonderful story to start off your week? Now that's my kind of fairy tale. Give me all the stories and movies and books about food!
The Best Stuffed French Toast Recipe
I suppose the part where it is loaded with Nutella is the climax of the story. I don't know about you, but one mention of the word Nutella and I get butterflies and the heart eye emojis flutter around my head. (Oh hi, remember this chocolate Nutella mousse I made the other day?) And let me Nutella you something: I can't stop, won't stop eating it or making downright awful food puns about it. It's like the gift that keeps on giving. And the strawberries were, well, the strawberries on top! Or in the middle. You know what I mean.
Anyway, this stuffed french bread is breakfast pastry heaven, my friends. I know I say this about every recipe I post, but promise me you will make this sometime this week, okay? It's one of those things that is insanely easy to make, but seems like it takes an immense level of skill—that's a good thing. It's sure to impress the foodies in your life.
The Best Stuffed French Toast
- 1 loaf Trader Joe's Challah Braided Egg Bread
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup Nutella
- ½ cup strawberries sliced
- ¼ cup powdered sugar for dusting
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk eggs, milk and cinnamon together.
- Slice the bread into 2-inch sections. Take a slice and make an opening in the bread with a paring knife that is about 1 inch deep. Stuff the slice of bread with 1 tablespoon of Nutella. Dip it generously into the egg and milk mixture, making sure to coat it on all sides.
- In a buttered frying pan, cook the bread on medium-low heat until golden brown on each side. Make sure to cook it on the tops and bottoms, too, for a crispy edge.
- Place on a plate and let it cool for about 30 seconds. Load up the inside with strawberries, and dust the top with powdered sugar. Serve with a glass of milk and enjoy!
Grab the recipe below and enjoy!
Leave a Reply