I LOVE sugar—refined sugar for clarification. I would marry it if I could. Obviously that is an unhealthy relationship since we all know too much sugar is bad for our bodies. It's good to have other options. Like this healthy homemade granola!
How to make healthy homemade granola
This granola is one of my favorite "treats" to eat now whenever I get a hankering to pound an entire sleeve of Oreos. My friend Becca made it for me and I CANNOT stop eating it. It reminds me of cake batter for some reason, and I am still in shock that the only sweeteners in it are honey and vanilla! That's it! Tastes like candy heaven. Trust me when I say this is the stuff in which you should indulge your sweet tooth if you are trying to be healthy.
I love to eat it as a topping for yogurt or a smoothie bowl, or with milk. Get the recipe for this healthy homemade granola below!
Healthy Homemade Granola
- 4 ½ cups rolled oats
- ¾ cup sunflower seeds
- ¾ cup wheat germ
- ¾ cup flour whole wheat, almond, spelt, etc
- ¾ cup non-fat powdered milk
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- ¾ cup honey
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix dry and wet ingredients separately then combine in a large bowl and mix well.
- Pour into a glass pan and bake for 35-40 minutes at 250˚F until granola is soft.
- Enjoy on top of Greek yogurt with berries, in a smoothie bowl, or with milk to change up your cereal!