This serving of chorizo and eggs is nacho average breakfast, and it tastes incredible! Dare I even say eggcellent? Too much? I don't think so. There's no such thing as food being too punny or yummy!
My first experience eating chorizo and eggs was with my husband's family. They are Mexican, and my father-in-law grew up eating chorizo and all sorts of mouthwatering Latino dishes. I remember waking up to the smell of chorizo and eggs cooking on Christmas morning—it was the most cozy, distinct smell, and it tasted even better wrapped up in a warm tortilla with authentic refried beans.
Chorizo and Egg Breakfast Nachos will wake you up!
Now whenever I make it in my own kitchen, I can't help but think of those fuzzy warm feelings of Christmas and eating good food with the ones I love. That's what food is about, after all: community, a sense of belonging, kinship.
But this isn't a post about Christmas! This is my spin on a different way to serve chorizo and eggs, and who doesn't love nachos? It's a marriage of two amazing foods, and I can't stop eating them.
Grab the recipe below and enjoy!
Chorizo and Eggs Breakfast Nachos
- 4 ounces pork chorizo ½ a package
- 4 large egg beaten
- 25-30 tortilla chips
- 2 cups Mexican style shredded cheese
- ¼ cup refried beans
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- In a small nonstick skillet, heat the chorizo over medium heat, stirring periodically.
- While chorizo is cooking, turn on the oven to broil. Spread out tortilla chips on a baking sheet and cover with cheese and spoonfuls of refried beans. Continue to stir chorizo until it begins to brown, about 6-7 minutes. Pour beaten eggs into the chorizo and mix well.
- Place tortilla chips into the oven on broil for about 5 minutes until cheese is melted. While the chips are baking, finish cooking the chorizo and eggs, and remove from heat.
- Remove tortilla chips from oven once cheese is melted and bubbling, and top with chorizo and eggs, sour cream, and cilantro. Serve immediately while warm. Enjoy!