Who is busting out their sweaters and ordering pumpkin spice lattes like a maniac? I am … not. First of all, I don’t drink pumpkin spice lattes. Second of all, it was 94°F today and I would throw myself into a fit of heat rage if someone forced me to put on a sweater.
I know it is technically still summer for a few more weeks, but I feel like I am seeing all kinds of fall recipes floating around, and since it is my favorite time of year to cook, I am jumping in full force! Starting with this delicious lasagna soup!
I could easily eat soup for every meal during the fall and winter seasons. It is easy to make, and it always tastes good. I am also extremely into carbs, and as luck would have it, the first rule of soup eating is devouring ridiculous amounts of bread and rolls along with it. (I’ll have a side of soup with this loaf, madame!)
Lasagna Soup is the flavors of lasagna without the complex instructions
This lasagna soup will not disappoint, my friends. Dare I even say it is soupendous? Because it is. Grab the recipe below and enjoy!
Tasty Lasagna Soup
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can chicken stock
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- Break up the Italian sausage and cook over medium heat in a large pot until brown. Add in onions and garlic until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, chicken stock and all of the spices to the meat mixture. Bring to a slight boil and then reduce the heat, allowing it to simmer.
- While the soup is simmering, cook the lasagna noodles separately until al dente. (Cooking them separately ensures they do not overcook and become too soft.) Once they are done, fill a bowl of soup and add 1-2 noodles per bowl.
- Combine the cheeses in a small bowl and mix well. Add 2 heaping tablespoons of the cheese mixture onto your soup. Serve with small slices of sourdough bread. Enjoy!