Dinnertime at our house tends to fall at the same time as the witching hour. The little kids are melting down (as well as the husband, because, hanger). Everyone is ready for a delicious and satisfying meal, and one that doesn't take a day slaving away in the kitchen. Sound like your house too? I've made a roundup of 5 quick dinner recipes you need to try. These are a selection of my favorites that I turn to time and time again. They all take 30 minutes and under to make, they're nutritious, and kids and adults will love them.
1. Honey Garlic Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa. These honey garlic shrimp tacos with mango salsa are quite literally finger-garlicking good. Like, the sauce is so delicious I want to drink the leftovers straight from the bowl.
2. Savory Mediterranean Chicken and Quinoa Salad. You know what happens when you watch My Big Fat Greek Wedding on an empty stomach? Hunger pains. Of mythological proportions. It ignites a hankering for savory flavors that take you straight to a whitewashed Greek kitchen off the coast of Santorini. Then you make this Mediterranean chicken and quinoa salad. The result is almost as epic as The Iliad. Almost.
3. One Pot Homemade Chicken Noodle Alphabet Soup. Are you still buried in snow where you live? Are you looking for a food to warm your soul and belly? (Do I sound like a TV ad yet?) You need this chicken noodle goodness. If you're really bored, you can pen a great novel with the alphabet noodles from your soup bowl.
4. Grilled Chipotle Lime Steak Fajita Salad. Now we're taking a gastronomical trip down south to the Mexican Riviera. (You're becoming so cultured!) What awaits you is a bowl full of fresh greens, veggies, and grilled steak, with a smoky chipotle lime flavor. What more could you needa in a fajita?
5. Hearty and Healthy Taco Soup. Ahhh, another bowl of soup. And another soup recipe that takes one pot and is fantastically simple and fast! This is a staple we've been eating in our house since we were newlyweds. Serve it with a warm, crumbly piece of cornbread. It's incredible. Taco my word for it.