Apple and Peanut Butter Sandwich (Gluten-Free, Vegan Snack)
Make this apple and peanut butter sandwich as an easy and healthy snack. Naturally gluten-free and vegan, and can be made nut-free.
- 1 apple
- 3 tbsp peanut butter natural
Place the apple corer on top of the apple core. Firmly press down, twisting the corer as you apply pressure. Carefully push through until the corer goes through the bottom of the apple. Remove gently and you have a clean hole.
Lay the apple horizontally so the side with the skin is facing up toward you. Cut in 1/4" slices so you get a circular apple slice with a hole in the middle. These will be your apple sandwich slices. One apple provides approximately 6 pieces.
Spread 1 tablespoon of peanut butter on one apple slice, and top with another slice to make a sandwich. Serve immediately and enjoy a healthy and fun snack.
- The more even the apples, the more even the sandwiches will be when coring and slicing.
- Rub a small amount of lemon juice on the apple flesh to keep them from browning.
- Feel free to use more or less peanut butter to your liking.
- If there is a peanut allergy, these work well with any nut butter. Or for a savory option, try using hummus as the filling!
Calories: 126kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 74mg | Potassium: 169mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 33IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg