Homemade Bug Spray That Actually Works
Make this natural homemade bug spray in under 5 minutes with oil of lemon eucalyptus, peppermint, and eucalyptus essential oils. No harsh, toxic chemicals.
Servings 2 oz
2 oz amber glass bottle
- 2 oz witch hazel
- 10 drops Oil of lemon eucalyptus (I use TerraShield essential oil which includes it in the mix)
- 8 drops lemongrass essential oil
- 8 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil
- 5 drops cedarwood essential oil
- 3 drops tea tree essential oil
Open the top of the amber bottle. Insert small funnel. Pour in witch hazel until almost full. Leave about 1/2 inch of space for the essential oils.
Add in essential oils. Mix well. Add label and use as needed.
- Oil of lemon eucalyptus is the main active ingredient shown to repel bugs. It is NOT the same as lemon or eucalyptus oil, because it is distilled from the leaves of the lemon eucalyptus tree that contains specific compounds, not the actual bark or citrus.
- Essential oils must be used in a solvent like witch hazel.
- Do not use water. Oil and water do not mix and the bug spray will not effectively work, since the essential oils will just sit on top.
- Keep spray in a cool place when not using.
- Be careful when using around the face.