15 Minute Instant Pot Italian Meatballs
These Instant Pot Italian Meatballs are the perfect appetizer for a parties or game-day. Simply pair with your favorite tomato sauce and have a delicious snack ready in 15 minutes.
Servings 12 servings
- 1 bag frozen meatballs
- 3 cups tomato sauce
Put your steam rack or steamer basket at the bottom of the pot. Pour bag of frozen meatballs into the Instant Pot, on top of the rack, ensuring the meatballs are elevated. Cover meatballs with tomato sauce.
Secure lid, seal the vent, and cook meatballs on Manual High Pressure for 5 minutes. Release vent valve when done, and serve as desired.
- IF YOU ARE GETTING A BURN NOTICE: Be sure to place the meatballs on the steam rack or steamer basket, so it raises the meatballs from the bottom. Sometimes the meatballs on the bottom can burn if there is nothing to elevate them from the heat.
- A lot of queries ask if these can be made without sauce. Technically, yes, but I think you run the risk of locking in flavor. When cooking in the pressure cooker, make sure the meatballs are fully covered in sauce. It needs the moisture to build up steam and pressure to internally cook to the temperature instructions on the bag.
- Depending on the brand of meatball, it may require additional cook time. If they aren't fully cooked all the way through, seal the lid and cook on Manual High Pressure for another 2 minutes.
- Make ahead and reheat in the microwave for 30 second intervals.
- Store in freezer in silicone bags for up to 3 months, to use in other dishes.
- Most frozen meatballs have gluten in them, so make sure you read your labels to make sure you have a gluten-free brand. Generally, the packaging will indicate on right on the front if they are gluten-free.
- Favorite way to serve these are with gluten-free pasta, on sliders, or as a plain appetizer.
Calories: 163kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 352mg | Potassium: 365mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 265IU | Vitamin C: 4.7mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1.1mg