Healthy Banana Split Recipe
Make this healthy banana split recipe as a better-for-you alternative to the traditional dessert. Serve as an afternoon snack, or as a twist on breakfast. Made with only 5 ingredients, this dish can be made in just 5 minutes. It's a recipe the whole family will love.
Servings 2 people
- 1 banana
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 5 strawberries quartered
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup granola
- 1/4 cup Bare Snacks strawberry banana fruit chips
- 2 tbsp almond butter
Cut the banana in half. Cut those two halves in half vertically, so you have four long pieces.
Top with plain Greek yogurt, and smooth out with the back of the spoon. Add sliced strawberries, blueberries, granola, Bare Snacks strawberry banana chips, and drizzle with melted almond butter. Serve immediately.
- Use a sharp paring knife to cut the banana so it makes a clean cut and doesn't get mushy when slicing.
- Be sure to melt the almond butter in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds. Depending on the consistency of your almond butter, it may need to be melted for an additional 15 seconds. Stir between each heating, and do not heat longer than 1 minute to avoid ruining the almond butter.
- Feel free to use other fruits and toppings on hand.
Calories: 358kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 39mg | Potassium: 601mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 38IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 164mg | Iron: 2mg