Authentic Spanish Gazpacho
Make this authentic Spanish gazpacho for a healthy appetizer or lunch.
Servings 8 servings
- 1/2 cup gluten-free bread stale is best
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pound tomatoes (5-6 roma tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- gluten-free crackers (I prefer Milton's brand)
Rip apart the stale bread into large pieces and soak in water in a small bowl. Set aside.
In a food processor, blend the tomatoes and olive oil. Add in the cucumbers, red onion, and garlic. Squeeze any excess water out of the bread and add to the mixture. Pour in the vinegar, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
Place in a sealed container and chill for two hours. When ready to serve, dish the gazpacho in bowls and top with gluten-free crackers or croutons, extra cucumbers, and a dash of ground pepper.
- If desired, strain through a sieve for a more fine texture.
- I prefer to use Roma tomatoes, and this recipe calls for 5-6 tomatoes of that size
- This is traditionally served as a drink or cold soup in Spain. Serve with hardboiled eggs and extra toppings for the real experience!
Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Sodium: 296mg | Potassium: 262mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1430IU | Vitamin C: 47.9mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 0.4mg