Easy Baked Frittata Recipe with Spinach (Gluten-Free)
Make this easy baked frittata recipe with spinach in a 9x13 dish. It's the perfect breakfast or brunch for a crowd, that can be made in under one hour, and is also gluten-free!
Servings 12 servings
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1 orange bell pepper diced
- 1 tomato diced
- 8 oz package mushrooms diced
- 2 tablespoon green onions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream or milk
- 1 cup shredded cheese Mexican blend or sharp cheddar for most flavor
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a skillet, add avocado oil and onions. Cook on medium high heat until fragrant. Add in peppers, tomato, mushrooms, and green onions. Cook until tender, about 5-8 minutes. Add in garlic and cook another minute. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs until pale yellow and fluffy. Mix in heavy cream, cheese, basil, salt, and pepper. Stir in mixed greens.
Pour vegetable mixture into a greased 9x13 baking dish. Pour egg mixture on top. Stir together until evenly spread in dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake on 350°F for 50 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 10-15 minutes. Serve while warm and enjoy!
- Adapt this recipe by adding in your own favorite spices, herbs, and veggies
- Bake it in a heavy 9x13 baking dish. This ensures even heat distribution and best results.
- Bake until internal temp is at least 160 degrees F, which is the recommended time for eggs. On my oven, this is at least 50 minutes (depending on your altitude and oven).
- Let it set for 10-15 minutes. THIS IS IMPORTANT!
Calories: 222kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 247mg | Sodium: 487mg | Potassium: 236mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1470IU | Vitamin C: 16.4mg | Calcium: 133mg | Iron: 1.3mg