Creamy Carrot Soup with Ginger + Coconut Milk (Vegan)
Creamy carrot soup with ginger (vegan). This is a healthy soup recipe and makes a great appetizer for a full-course meal or the perfect light lunch.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 sweet onion chopped
- 4 cups carrots chopped (approx. 6 carrots)
- 2 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tablespoon orange zest
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 14 oz can coconut milk
- Fresh ground pepper and sea salt to taste
- Chives or green onions to garnish
Heat the olive oil (or avocado oil if you prefer) in a large pot. Add in the chopped onion and sauté until barely translucent.
Next, add in the carrots, ginger, garlic, orange zest, broth, orange juice and lemon juice. Bring the mixture to a boil. Once it is at a rolling boil, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes until the carrots are tender.
Pour the mixture into a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
Transfer the puree back into the pot and add the coconut milk and salt and pepper to taste. Serve it up in your cute soup bowls and dig in!
Calories: 380kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Sodium: 1047mg | Potassium: 759mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 21900IU | Vitamin C: 20.4mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 2.1mg