Healthy Chocolate Banana Muffins (Gluten-Free)
Make these healthy chocolate banana muffins (gluten-free) in a blender for a yummy, indulgent, and nutritious breakfast on the go that only takes 25 minutes.
Servings 18 muffins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a medium mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, almond flour, and cacao powder. Set aside.
Pour milk, yogurt, eggs, maple syrup, bananas, and vanilla into a blender. Blend on high speed for 1 minute until ingredients are well mixed and fluffy. Slowly add in the dry ingredients. Pulse 7-10 times until mix comes together. (Make sure not to overmix, or muffins will be tough.) Stir in the chocolate chips.
Line 18 muffin tins with baking cups. Pour the batter 3/4 full into each liner. Top with 4-5 chocolate chips in each. Bake on 350°F for 12-14 minutes, or until toothpick barely comes clean. (Take note that you do not want to over bake the muffins. Check them after 10 minutes. They may be done baking around 12 minutes, depending on the oven.)
Serve for an indulgent, yet healthy breakfast. Enjoy!
- These healthy chocolate banana muffins can be made gluten-free or with regular flour. Use 1 1/2 cups of flour if using a non-gluten free flour.
- The more the ripe the bananas, the sweeter the muffins will be naturally.
- DO NOT pulse them more than 10 times in your blender. The less you mess with the batter, the better. You want to mix them until the ingredients barely come together.
- Make sure you are paying careful attention to how much you pulse them and babysit them while they bake in the oven.
- My oven takes about 12-14 minutes to bake these chocolate banana muffins, but yours might take more or less, depending on your altitude and oven. You want a toothpick to barely come clean when checking for doneness. Note that they will continue to set up and bake for a couple minutes after you pull them from the oven, too.
- Baking times and temps may differ based on your altitude. If you live in a high altitude, check out this post on how to best adjust the recipe.
- Store muffins in an air-tight bag or container for a up to 1 week, or freeze them for up to 1 month. To thaw, simply let sit at room temperature overnight.
Calories: 172kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 241mg | Potassium: 294mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 85IU | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 1.4mg