We keep a tight budget, so at the end of the month, my lunch options become limited. I often turn to our boxed and canned goods to make meals, which is how I happened upon this super easy and healthy chicken salad sandwich recipe.
What’s the secret to this healthy chicken salad sandwich?
You ready for it? Hummus!
There I was staring into my pathetic can of chicken, knowing it needed something to gussy it up. But, I wasn’t feeling like eating gobs of mayonnaise, either. I stared aimlessly into the fridge until the hummus jar called to me, “Add me to your canned chicken!”
YES! And I could add grapes and celery, too! The ultimate healthy chicken salad sandwich recipe was born. But it was only the beginning!
This chicken salad needed some extra crunch!
And what better way is there to add some light, flaky crunchiness than Harvest Snaps crisps? I use the lightly salted flavor, which adds the right touch of flavor and color. They are gluten-free and are a great source of fiber and plant protein.
Promise me you’ll make this for an easy summer lunch or dinner! Your lunch or dinner is ready in under 10 minutes. And it fits nicely into our no-bake (and no-cook) month by keeping you away from the heat, but still providing you a satisfying and refreshing meal.
Grab the recipe below, and enjoy!
Easy and Healthy Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipe
- 1 can canned chicken
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 cup grapes halved
- 1/2 cup Harvest Snaps snapea crisps
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Croissants or multi-grain bread
- Mix together canned chicken and hummus in a mixing bowl. Add in celery and grapes.
- Chop the Harvest Snaps snapea crisps into small pieces. Stir them into chicken salad, along with salt and pepper.
- Spread chicken salad onto a butter croissant, or multi-grain bread. Add lettuce and desired veggies, and enjoy!
Post sponsored by Harvest Snaps, a brand and product we genuinely love and use!