Looking for a super easy and healthy one pan dinner that takes under 30 minutes? This is the best one pan baked salmon recipe with an herb crust, which is gluten free! It’s here to stay as one of your favorite weeknight dinners.
Key ingredients for best one pan baked salmon recipe with herb crust (gluten free)
The crust is crucial here! And I’m going to teach you how to get a perfectly crunchy and flavored crust. Here’s what you need:
- Panko – I get the gluten free version.
- Kettle cooked potato chips – Cape Cod® Potato Chips are hands down the best for their super crunchy texture. In addition, their original flavor contains only three simple ingredients and no extra processed or artificial junk Potatoes, vegetable oil, and sea salt only! (I’ll take the whole bag, por favor.) You can buy them on Amazon here.
- Fresh herbs – in particular I used basil, because it’s my favorite herb. However, this salmon would also be great with parsley or dill.
- Salmon rub – make sure it’s a good one with a bit of kick to it. I like this one.
Looking for other amazing recipes to make with kettle cooked potato chips? Try this easy, gluten free, healthy French onion dip or this gluten free vegan macaroni and cheese with a potato chip crust!
Best veggies for one pan dinner
In this recipe I added roasted asparagus and onions. They are the perfect pairing with crusted salmon and the whole meal is AN EXPERIENCE. You’re welcome.
Health benefits of salmon
- Salmon is rich in long-chain omega-3 fatty acids, which reduce inflammation, lower blood pressure and decrease risk factors for disease.
- Your body requires protein to heal, protect bone health and prevent muscle loss, among other things. Salmon provides 22–25 grams of protein per 3.5-ounce serving.
- This lean meat is an excellent source of several B vitamins, which are needed for energy production, controlling inflammation and protecting heart and brain health.
- Salmon and other fatty fish can help lower inflammation, which may reduce risk factors for several diseases and improve symptoms in people with inflammatory conditions.
Eat salmon as part of a hypothyroidism diet
I reversed my hypothyroidism and Hashimoto’s disease after being diagnosed with celiac disease. A big part of my lifestyle shift is eating a gluten-free diet that includes whole foods. I regularly eat salmon as part of my hypothyroidism diet.
A 100-gram serving of salmon provides 59–67% of the RDI of selenium, a mineral involved in protecting bone health, improving thyroid function and reducing the risk of cancer.
It’s time to make the best one pan baked salmon recipe with herb crust
Convinced you need this recipe in your life? Make sure you pin it ASAP and make it immediately. Grab the recipe below and enjoy!
Best One Pan Baked Salmon Recipe with Herb Crust (Gluten Free)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together panko, chips, herbs, and spices. Crush until chips make a fine crust mixture. Set aside.
- Place salmon on a lined baking sheet or pan. Coat lightly with avocado oil and pack on herb crust mixture. Place asparagus and onions on the same baking sheet or pan. Drizzle with remaining avocado oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake on 400 degrees F for 10 minutes. Remove asparagus and set aside. Cook salmon and onions about 8 more minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and serve. Enjoy!